Join in on a small capped class and get personal guidance from a team of experienced Gippsland digital leaders.
Join our expert team for an 8 hour workshop that will empower you to create and control your own low maintenance website that looks beautiful and has the impact of one built by a professional with no coding required.
You’ll be guided through the basic building blocks of creating a Squarespace website, using your phone to create engaging image content and driving traffic to your new website using social media.
DATE: 24th July, 2018
TIME: 9am - 5pm
LOCATION: Mercure Hotel Boardroom, Warragul
COST: $852 inc.GST
Community/Business Group Members and Not-for-Profit attendees get a $82.50 discount on confirmation of your membership or NFP status
WHO IS THIS FOR:
- Anyone with a business, organisation or project that needs a stunning digital presence online that they want to control
- Novices and creatives who want to do it themselves without coding or too much tech
- If you can create a word processing document then we can teach you to create a website :)
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Create and update basic pages with different layouts
- Understand Templates and adjust styles, fonts and colours
- Upload Photos and Videos
- Use your phone to create content with photography professional Lauren Murphy covering composition, basic lighting tips and thinking creatively.
- Promote your new website using social media with marketing expert Erika McInerney
- Find additional help and support
YOU’LL LEAVE WITH:
- A new fully functional 1-5 page website that is mobile friendly.
- a highly secure industry best practice website with Payment Card Industry (PCL) compliance and Security SSL enabled.
- Your custom domain name connected to your site (optional)
- A course notebook to take home with you
- The knowledge and confidence to update your website’s content so it grows with your business.
- 30 minutes of free phone/screen sharing follow up
- Free Domain name transfer and management for 12 months (if required)
Costs not included in the Workshop fee:
- Squarespace plans start at $16 month before discounts based on a 12 month subscription.
- Optional: custom email account with G Suite including 30 GB cloud storage, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms for $5 per month.
- Optional: custom domain name registration, under $50 depending on TLD type (with free transfers if applicable)
- Sign Up! (click here or the button below)
- An email invoice will follow
- We will setup a time to discuss and go over the homework packet (allow 1 hour for the call). This will help you generate the necessary content, that will fill out your new website
ON THE DAY OF THE WORKSHOP:
- Bring your laptop & charger
- Have completed the homework package online
- Completed any additional/optional cost sign ups
- Bring any images, logos and pictures that you want to use on your site
- Tea, coffee, fruit and snacks for morning and afternoon tea and Lunch will be provided.
COMPLETING THIS WORKSHOP WILL GIVE YOU PREMIUM ACCESS TO:
- Special offers for additional social media training with Mac&Ernie
- A $350 discount to an on-site or in-studio photoshoot with Lauren Murphy Photography (conditions apply)
- a 20% discount on your first year of a Squarespace subscription (SAVE up to $125)
- A 15% discount on the Masterclass website which will cover Getting Found in Google, electronic direct mail, setting up and managing Blogs and Video content, managing your cloud services, setting up a Shopping Cart with up to 5 products.
About Erika ...
With over 20 years in advertising and marketing and real experience putting social media to work, Erika McInerney is the expert in creating social media strategies and content plans that will actually work for your business.
In this session, Erika will teach you how to promote your new website using social media. She will help you decide what social channels will work for you and teach you some foolproof strategies to grow your audience, promote your business and get traffic to your brand new website.
Optional: If you would like to create, build and grow a strong presence on social media, take on a 2x 2hour social media training pack for $420. These one-on-one sessions are fully customised to your needs and experience and will give you the skills and confidence to promote your business or brand for high value and low cost.
About Lauren ...
Lauren Murphy Photography assists individuals and businesses to share their story and purpose through genuine, creative and narrative photography. Working capturing personal events and commercial needs, Lauren’s passion for film Photography in High School has grown into a full time business.
Lauren Murphy Photography is known for being diverse in her skill base and personal in her imagery. With her studio based in Warragul she works as a freelance Photojournalist in Gippsland and consistently produces work of a strong storytelling and emotive nature.
Lauren draws on a previous career in Social Work and an appreciation for creative expression to bring peoples stories and events to life visually. Her aim to create content with a purpose.